Landscape Pavers vs Decorative Concrete in Oklahoma
Throughout the years we have often been asked which product our clients should use for their outdoor living space decks. At Red Valley Landscape & Construction we promote both pavers and stamped concrete depending on the project and space conditions. There are many benefits and some potential disadvantages to each product.
- Pavers are excellent around swimming pools. They won’t become slippery when wet.
- Pavers are approximately three times stronger than poured concrete.
- When installed correctly, pavers will not crack.
- Repair jobs are typically easier to focus on small areas needing attention.
- Pavers will not absorb moisture and are more durable against freezing temperatures.
- Pavers are generally more attractive than other pavement materials.
- Red Valley Landscape offers an eighteen (18) month warranty on paver installations.
- There are fewer color choices and pattern selections than you find with decorative/stamped concrete.
- Failure to utilize professional paver installation may result in weed growth between pavers. Our experts are trained to prevent this from occuring.
- Without expert installation and the usage of proper base materials, homeowners may experience some form of settling with pavers. We often repair handyman or DIY jobs that weren’t installed to manufacturer specifications.
Decorative Concrete (Stamped Concrete, Stained Concrete)
- Upfront costs of decorative concrete are typically the same or less than pavers or other materials, depending on material choices.
- Decorative concrete comes in more colors, patterns and aesthetic options than pavers.
- Stamped concrete can be sealed and this will be protected from weather elements and pool chemicals better than pavers.
- At some point in time, concrete will crack. Our installers will implement control joints to minimize cracking issues. However, no concrete warranties are available on any installations.
- Most concrete is rated at 3,000-3,500 psi.
- Stamped concrete requires re-seals every 2-3 years.
- Stamped concrete will absorb moisture and succumb to freezing problems.
Our experts at Red Valley Landscape & Construction use both decorative concrete and pavers based on our client’s preferences and needs. However, we prefer pavers over decorative concrete for many projects. In addition to offering superior results work with stamped concrete, we are also expert paver installers and the #1 Residential Dealer of Belgard Hardscape Pavers in the state of Oklahoma. Due to the high volume of pavers we sell at Red Valley Landscape, we offer extremely competitive pricing to help offset the difference between concrete and pavers. You’ll find a wide array of ideas when you explore our pavers and stamped concrete project gallery.
If you choose decorative concrete over pavers for your project, we will work with you to minimize future cracking with control joints and other options. Whatever you choose for your outdoor project you can count on our experts to create an amazing natural stone look that is built to last and endure the Oklahoma climate. You’ll find a wide array of ideas when you explore our pavers and stamped concrete project gallery.
At Red Valley Landscape & Construction, we value our clients and the improved quality of outdoor living we help families attain. You can depend on us for your family to enjoy “Outdoor Living at its Finest”!
Red Valley Landscape is a full service OKC landscape company and design firm located in Oklahoma City (OKC). We service Oklahoma City, Edmond, Nichols Hills and all the surrounding towns outside the OKC metro area. We specialize in outdoor living environments, outdoor kitchens, patios, fireplaces, in-ground swimming pools and everything you need to make an amazing landscape around your home. Call us for a free consultation at (405) 509-2300, or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comments are closed.